Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We took my luggage back to their apartment & didn't waste a moment! There was a wine festival going on in Monmartre, right in front of Sacre Coeur. The cathedral sits on a high hill and there's a funicular railway which goes up, but our intrepid band walked up the stairs!

We drank some wine, listened to some music & I used a French ATM and got my hands on euros for the first time.

We went into the cathedral, where I took a few minutes & said a prayer for my Pop. I think he'd've liked that.

Now, the photo above is a little sacrilegious by its very existence, but I intended no disrespect. The interior of Sacre Coeur's dome with the rays of light was just too beautiful to leave behind.

At the bottom of the hill, there is a beautiful two-tiered carousel and Holly, Lucia & I took a ride!

1 comment:

Holly said...

This is still one of my favorite days in Paris! Everything was gorgeous - the weather, the light, the cathedral. AND we got to hang with Joe. What more could we ask for?