Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Lotsa good restaurants in Paris, but there was one that my Dad recommended as the best: Roger le Grenouille, aka Roger the Frog!
It was on this tiny little alley, off this side road, off an only slightly larger side road, but it had Dad's seal of approval. I was determined to go, but my friends are vegetarians. Nick is the only one in the family who isn't quite as strict a vegertarian, so he joined me.
Nick had fish, but I was after just one thing! Frogs' legs! What else would I choose at a place called 'Roger the Frog'?
Well, the waiter was mighty rude & scorned our wine selection, but the food was SO good, it was hard to be annoyed. The waiter played his part to the hilt & we just laughed & ate very well.
I'd always heard that frogs' legs tasted like chicken, but I didn't find that to be the case. I'd be hard-pressed to tell you some other food they did taste like, though. I wasn't sure how to go about it, so I just ate with my hands & loved every minute of it. They also had the most wonderful Creme Brulee I'd ever tasted.

Thanks, Dad!

No comments: